Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Candle experiment

I have had several questions regarding stamped candles and whether or not they are safe to burn. To be honest, I've never lit one. So I decided to find out for you...

I placed the candle on a glass plate to protect my table, and then lit the candle.

After a few minutes, I could see that the candle burns inward. Meaning that the wax pooled in the center rather than running down the sides.

Then I got impatient waiting for it to burn! So I took the flame to the spot that we wanted to test - the tissue paper.

No fire! It did discolor the tissue a little bit - but I would have no worries about burning these stamped candles.


Hope this helps you and your decision about burning your pretty stamped candles! Especially the candles that burn inward.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Nice experiment, a true scientist doesn't rush!
i'm back in town - when are we playing?

Anonymous said...

You're the best! You really went above and beyond with the experiment. Thanks for sharing.

thescrapmaster said...

What beautiful candles! I wouldn't burn them, they would stay decor forever :)

Great to have you in group 5 blogger buddy!

~Samantha