Thursday, November 8, 2007

We are family!

This fun 8x10 family portrait now hangs in our livingroom. I used the All in the family set, the Neighborhood jumbo wheel, and Best Friends alphabet. The patterned paper is from the Brocade Background designer series. The family was stamped using Classic black ink, matted onto Old Olive and Very Vanilla cardstock.

I thought the picture looked better in black and white, so I decided not to color it - yet. I'm sure it will start to bother me, especially since there is nothing plain about this Mason family.

I really liked this set when I first saw it in the catalog. I had to have it after I saw the cute cards and gifts people on Splitcoaststampers.com were creating with it! When it came to me in my last order, I was a little scared to try it. I was a bit weary of making someone's head way above their shoulders! Talk about having your head in the clouds! I'm glad to report, that this set is rather simple to use. I mounted their heads at the bottom of the block, and the bodies and feet at the top of the block. This way, I can see exactly where to line them up. After a few tries to get the alignment just right, I was on my way to loving this set!

Know what else I love about this set? All proceeds during the month of November are being donated to help SU! family members. See my earlier blog post about Dave Abbott.

Don't forget about the SU! Paper Party. You can get a free pack of Designer paper when you buy three!

No comments: