Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So Saffron, So Cute!

I came up with this quick project while cleaning up my craft room, soon to be nursery. I found a stack of these 4x6 acrylic photo frames that go on your fridge. So, I put one to use. Can you see the marker hanging from the ribbon? That's because it's a wipe off board!I love the way it turned out.
(Sorry the ribbon is a little wonky in the first photo)

I used So Saffron for my base. The DSP that you can see peeking through is from the FREE Sale A Bration pack of paper. Yummy stuff! I then used another piece of So Saffron followed by a piece of Whisper White.

I used my Crop-O-Dile to punch a hole into the first layer of the plastic frame. Yes, it cut right through - and it didn't crack the plastic! Woo hoo! I used the So Saffron Ribbon that you can get for FREE from the Sale A Bration catalog! I attached the wipe off marker to the ribbon using a piece of Sticky Tape.

The stamped images are from Just Buzzin' By. I used Basic Black to stamp them. A So Saffron marker, a Basic Black marker, a Blush Blossom marker, and my White Gel Pen to color in the bees.
So simple, and fun. These would be great door prizes, teacher gifts, or maybe a little housewarming gift.


6 comments:

katiesniche said...

Adorable!!

Tracy said...

Cute idea!

Melissa Sauls said...

This is AWESOME!! I'm going to have to CASE this later. :)

thescrapmaster said...

This is so adorable!

Liz Goldhawk said...

What a cute idea! This stamp set is perfect for a memo board! Love the marker attached to the ribbon

Kathy said...

So Saffron is my NEW favorite color - and what a creative idea to use the frame for a wipe off board. Love the look!