Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lovely When Wet

Here is a card we made at our last Hostess Club. It uses Lovely As A Tree (*please don't retire this set yet - I just got it!*), on a piece of watercolor paper, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive card stock. 4 vintage brads. Finished off with a Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon.


Here's how the "wet" comes into play. Color your tree using your markers right onto the rubber. I used Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip. Then take a spray bottle, and give a quick squirt of water right on the image. Then stamp onto your watercolor paper. If you want to give your tree a fuller look like the tree above, color right over your image with lighter colors. I used Creamy Caramel on the trunk and Certainly Celery on the tree.


I gave the Club the option of not coloring in the tree, and to my surprise, most of them opted not to color it in. So here is what most of their trees looked like...


I love it both ways! Give this technique a try and let me know how yours turns out!

No comments: