Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Name Frames

Last Christmas I made name plates for gifts. I CASED the idea from CraftyKim on the Cricut messageboards. You can see her original creations here: http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=161012&mpage=1

They were so much fun to make with my Cricut. I will post a few that I made when I get home.

Here is one that I made for my friend Staci's son, Connor. The photo is a little dark, but the paper is a soft green and blue and has some little baby faces on it planted like carrots. I added some button brads between the C and O, and the O and R.

I found the frames at Wal-Mart. They are the ones that hold 2 4x6 photos side by side in a mat. I believe they were 2 for $6!

There are lots of little cuts for this project that you will need. I tried to get all the papers together and then cut them, set them aside, and then cut my letters.

Recipe: Background: 4 7/8 x 12 "

color for letters to sit on: 1 1/4 x 2 1/2

Next biggest color: 4 1/4 x 11

Background for letters: 1 3/4 x 2 3/4

AND Background for letters in different color: 1 1/2 x 2 1/2

Designer print paper: 4 x 10 3/4

Cricut Stamped Cartridge, size 2, shorty feature

I used a purple glue stick to assemble the pieces and then adhered them to my background. Some had some added hardware to dress them up at little.

No comments: