Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tile Coasters

I tried my hand at stamping on tile! I have to tell you that I was very impressed with how they turned out. I bought a package of 24 Sharpie markers when they were on sale at Target. I cruised down the street to Home Depot and purchased some Bottochino unglazed tiles for $6 or so. Pulled out my Stazon ink and some random stamp images and gave it a whirl.

I wiped the tiles clean with a damp rag. Stamped the image using Stazon ink. Let the image set and dry for a minute or two. Then colored with my Sharpies.

I used a stipple brush and my ink pad to create the water and sky on the tile with the boat.

No sealing, no baking on these babies! So far they look great!

There's a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com if you'd like more info.




No comments: