Monday, February 18, 2008

Scratch n' sniff!

Can you smell it? Mmm... I sure can! It smells like a strawberry! Really! I used the scratch n' sniff technique on this strawberry.

You can purchase this strawberry in the Tart & Tangy set that will be available on March 1.

First, I stamped the image in Real Red Craft Ink, on Whisper White cardstock. Then to make it scratch n' sniff, I mixed unsweetened strawberry kool-aid and clear embossing powder. The mix ratio was about 1:1. I then stamped the strawberry using Versamark onto Glorious Green cardstock, and trimmed the top off. I adhered it on the red part using Snail adhesive. I then cut out the whole strawberry, and attached it to a Whisper White scallop using 2 Dimensional dots.

Using my 1/16" handheld punch I went around the outside of the scallop. Then used Snail adhesive to attach the White scallop to a Real Red scallop. The back is identical to the front, minus the strawberry.

I didn't have any Real Red ribbon - so I made it! Using Whisper White ribbon and a Real Red marker! Too fun!

We will be making one of these yummy treats at our Hostess club on March 10th!

No comments: