Monday, January 21, 2008

Shore do love you Mr. Crab

If you are looking for a fun yet versatile stamp set - you should check out the Crab & Company set. This adorable crab (are crabs adorable?) comes in a set of 14! There is a crab (duh), a clam, a starfish, a shell, and a crawfish (maybe a crayfish). To accent the sea creatures, you get a party hat, a slice of birthday cake, a santa hat, and a wrapped present. There are also 5 cute sayings that coordinate with the set. Snappy birthday, sandy claws, a pinch to grow an inch, jingle shells, and shore do love you. Cute huh?!


To create this card I used Kraft cardstock for the base. I used the Sandy Shells Stampin' Wheel with Basic Black ink. And the Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Basic Black on the top of the card. I used a strip of Not Quite Navy that was crimped using the Crimper tool. I stamped the crab in Basic Black ink onto Real Red cardstock and cut him out. I added a couple of wiggle eyes to perk him up a little. He's holding a sign created using More Mustard, and Whisper White cardstock with the shore do love you stamped in Basic Black ink.
To create the heart shapes on his sign, I used my Scallop punch! I simply lined up the corner of my Whisper White cardstock with the edge of 2 scallops until I saw a heart shape. Pretty easy!

1 comment:

Tami in OH said...

Fabulous idea with the scallop punch to make the hearts!