Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Tonight I was trying to come up with a fun scrapbook page for my Hostess club on Monday night. Not sure if this is it or not, but it was simple and turned out cute! I love Stampin' Up! wheels, so when I saw the Nursery Letters Jumbo wheel in our Spring Preview, I had to get it. I didn't order the Nursery Necessities set from our preview brochure, and keep seeing so many samples that make me wish I had ordered it! So, I got to improvise a little here. The Nursery Necessities set has a really cute star that works with the large Star punch. The star has letters, just a bit smaller than these on it, but has a little bit of a border around the edges. I don't mind that I didn't have a border, and got basically the same look - using stamps I already had!

I started with a 8-1/2" x 11" piece of Summer Sun cardstock. I used Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, and my Nursery Letters Jumbo Wheel from the new Spring-Summer catalog. I then used my large Star punch, also from the new Spring-Summer catalog, to create 6 stars. I then cut the remaining cardstock into two 4-1/4" x 6-1/4" rectangles. I then added two pieces of Whisper White cardstock that are 3-3/4"x 5-3/4". Before using my Snail to adhere the rectanges to my 12x12 piece of Tempting Turquoise, I added a piece of White Taffeta ribbon along the side.
I love sparkles! I chose one of my stars to shine bright! I used some Crystal Effects with a dash of Dazzling Diamonds, and set it a little bit with my heat gun. I then added 3 dimensionals to the back to really make it pop!

1 comment:

Suz said...

I like the new look!