Friday, June 6, 2008

What's on the menu?

I mentioned in my last post that I had a stash of alterables. We'll my project today came from that stash! It probably should have ended up in the trash - but I just couldn't get rid of it!

This wipe-off board is in pretty sad shape. Not quite sure what happened to it. But I knew I could fix it! Ha ha.


So, I grabbed my Ginger Blossom DSP and cut a 12x12 down to an 8x12.

I used the remaining 4 inches to cover the bottom of the board. Yup! I used 1 sheet of 12x12 paper to cover the base of the board! Woo hoo!

Then I grabbed another sheet of the Ginger Blossom DSP - but this time I went for a solid River Rock color. I used the chef from Voila! - well, half of the chef anyway. I colored his neck tie in with a Ruby Red marker. I then used my Best Friends Upper Alpha to spell out MENU. I stamped all of the images using Black Stazon - because that is what was on my desk at the time.

Then I took another sliver of the River Rock paper to hide the seam that was created when I put the two pieces of Ginger Blossom together. I stamped the Bon Appetite in the center.

And... Voila! (hee hee) I have created a super cute magnetic menu board for my kitchen! The black circles are magnets that came with the board. I may go back and embellish them a little. The best part of this project is that it took less than 20 minutes, and it is held together with SNAIL adhesive. So when I get tired of the colors or chef - I can change it quickly!

**Don't forget... this paper will no longer be available in August. If you want it - you should order it now! Once the retired accessories list comes out in July - it is on a first come, first served basis. There is no guarantee that you will get yours, as the supplies are limited! So if your heart desires this paper, or any other DSP that has In-Colors in it - you better act soon!

No comments: