Monday, June 30, 2008

Decor Elements Are AWESOME!

July 1 is the day that you can order from the new Decor Elements line! Stampin' Up! has released phase 1 of this new product line and it is AWESOME!

Here is what I have done with mine...

This is the small Happiness. I applied it to a black 11" x 14" frame. I then took 3 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" paper in Taken with Teal, Basic Black, and Whisper White to make the background. I then used Summer Sun to mat the photo. This is my husband and I on our 10th wedding anniversary trip to Vegas.


This one was a little more difficult. If you look at the brochure - you will notice that I actually did it wrong! But I like it just the same - and you wouldn't have known I did it wrong, had I not just told you! :P This is the Together Forever frame in chocolate. It measures 12-1/2" x 12-1/2". It was my first vinyl piece I had to work with, and found it a little frustrating. I think I was being a bit impatient because I couldn't wait to get it done! I then added the M monogram to the center. The alphabets come with a uppercase and lowercase - so I still have a lower case m to play with! I didn't want to put this one directly on my wall - so I painted a piece of canvas with some acrylic paint and a splash of River Rock reinker! Yummy! My next task will be to find ribbon that coordinates to run along the right and left side and to string from the top so I can hang it up.

I have Manhattan flowers in Kraft and Chocolate, and the small Family to put on my walls - but a fresh coat of paint is needed first.

I especially love that these are affordable! The alphabets are $3.95 each, the Together Forever frame is $11.95, the small Happiness is $4.95. I like too that you can get different sizes in some of them. I'm not sure I could use a medium happiness that measures 5-3/4" x 30"! But the small 2-2/5" x 12-1/2" worked great!

Ready to try your own? Check out the brochure and let me know what you'd like to try! Remember - you can use these on so much more than just your walls!

No comments: